I'm currently in the middle of my 3rd shift as a prop down here, and my new position has some interesting quirks.
1. There is about as much 20-40 and 40-80 action here as at Garden City.
2. They use a must move for 20-40 games, not just 40-80 one.
3. Props don't get placed on the must move list. This results in all the props playing together in the bottom game, which is silly IMO. Basically we will have 3 20s, but the third will break when we run out of customers. Then we have 18 customers in 2 games and 6 props twiddling their thumbs. If 2 of us were in each of the games, we could support a 3rd. But nobody wants to play with 6 props....
4. We are very "open". The instant a customer wants a seat the CSR comes over and informs us. Whichever props blind is next can play until that hand but is then picked up. If someone has a button, he's gone.
5. There are no "floor men", only Customer Service Representatives. They run the games and do a good job.
6. The customers have a sweet deal. Basically the games are always full, but there is never a list.
7. I fear I'm not going to get to play enough. 5 hours per shift seems it will be a stretch.
8. Everyone is super nice.
So all in all, so far so good.