Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The People's Request

CT said...

Could you do a post containing your favorite training tools? Software, books, whatever.

December 2, 2008 12:11 PM

Because I'm bad at this and didn't see the comment until today, when Dave emailed out my November Stats post to our fantasy football league, I haven't yet done such a post. Here one is, albeit brief:

Books That I Suggest

Small Stakes Holdem
Beating Tough Holdem Games
The Elements of Poker
Theory of Poker
Holdem Poker for Advanced Players

I also read Winning Small Stakes Holdem (by Lee Jones), but think Small Stakes Holdem strictly dominates it.

Training Tools and Software That I Use:

twoplustwo.com

Seriously, that's it. I have a copy of PokerTracker and TourneyTracker (the ladder I used back when I was a Sit 'N Go fiend), but I probably haven't played online in 2 months. Almost everything I've learned I learned from experience, two plus two, and those books.

1 comment:

CT said...

Thanks! I've read about 1/2 of those and will look into the others. Lov'n the blog man!