Tuesday, November 5, 2013

[x] Work

So I've actually started working.  After 62+ months of playing poker I have reported to a cubicle the past two days, and you know what?  It's going just fine.  There is a ton to learn, obviously I am a little rusty, and it's taking some getting used to, but today I didn't have much of a problem being at work from 8 to 6.  My current tasks?  Learning scala, reading about our products, and figuring out how to get the most out of the benefits package (23% off my AT&T bill?  Thank you kindly).  I have to say...it sure is nice to come home from work and just...be home.  It's so much easier to leave it at the office than poker ever was.  Maybe that will change in a few weeks when I have some actual responsibilities, but for right now I am feeling great about everything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man congrates! I was wondering how you dealt with employment gaps in your resume. I am in a similar situation with advanced degree but EG is really hurting my chances out there.

md said...

uh, more poker content, please. I'm going to ask nicely -- once. It's time to give up the new job & go back to the grind. Remember what Spock will say in the future: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.