Sunday, June 2, 2013

Today? We Swim!

The plan for counting is actually to use change; one penny is 50 yards and I'll have two piles at the end of my lane.  What could go wrong?  My gym got it's pool back up and running (what a disaster that was....one day I just drove there and boom no pool...i'm standing on the deck in my gear looking at yellow caution tape) so I will get lane lines and a clock and won't be in the sun for the afternoon jaunt, so that's a start.

I'm hoping to put in two long sessions today and get a good head start on things, but already there are issues.  Last night was another wedding, this one local, that involved the hora.  I ended up being one of the guys lifting the bride up in the air on a chair, and while she was basically as light as a feather my triceps are definitely sore.  I also got less than 6 hours of sleep, and in general have gotten enough sleep (by my own measure) one night in the last nine.  And there is an "open house" today for the wedding at 1pm and if I go (and I really should go) I'm going to start the week in the hole or at best on pace.  I'm pretty sure I can't let that happen, though, so I may skip it.

Elizabeth is already riding South towards us, and ideally I'd like to finish before she arrives.  They stormed out of the cow palace at 6am, so already I feel like I'm "losing" :)

1 comment:

Dave said...

The hora is a very dangerous tradition, let me tell you. At my wedding, I decided to mount a chair backwards. It was painful. Then, at a friend's wedding, we decided to hoist the father of the groom, who had to be at least 300 lbs. We nearly died. Oh yeah, also, at my wedding, some of my brilliant Sigma Nus dropped my mom. I think it was Karl's fault, actually.