Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stunningly Bad

What did I just say I was going to do like three posts ago? I checked out my lifetime results and declared I was going to basically nit it up stakes wise at Commerce and try to finish out the year with some solid and hopefully lower variance numbers, right? Yeah...that went really well today. I got to Commerce at 11 and by 11:15 was playing in a fantastic 40/80 must move specimen. I eventually got moved to a main game and passed on a 20/40 seat not once but twice to continue playing because the game was "so good."

For my efforts I lost an even 50.5 bets in exactly 4 hours, which for those of you keeping track works out to 1.01 racks per hour. I played stunningly bad several times, but also of course ran poorly, as my overall loss rate in that game is more like 4 to 5 big bets per hour, not 12.6. I will not regale you with any tails of run bad or atrocities I committed against the game of limit hold 'em, but rather simply say fuck my life, why do I do this to myself?

5 comments:

Fiato Forte said...

What do you do after a session like this in order to calm down and access your session in a rational state of mind?

Steve said...

Starcraft 2, ftw.

jesse8888 said...

The only thing that works for me is going to sleep.

Steve said...

Jesse, you should play sc2 with us.

O0Brian0O said...

sc2 is the nuts