Thursday, July 28, 2011

Aquathon, Round 7

It's that time of year again; I'll be heading up to San Jose to swim in my 7th (really? I've lived in California long enough to do an annual event SEVEN times? I tell people I've lived here for "about 5 years" lol) Abilities United (formerly known as CAR) Aquathon. The charity supports people with development disabilities, providing them with programs and training to help them become happy and productive members of society. I think it's a great charity, but can understand arguments from people who would rather save the whales, dogs, tornado victims, or any other more maligned group. Nonetheless it is my blog and I am the one who will be swimming for half an hour, so I'll ask for donations if it so pleases me. Here are some relevant links:

Aquathon Home - You can read about the event and Abilities United here.

My Page - Donations of any size graciously accepted here.

If you decide you'd like to contribute, thanks so much. If not, that's fine, too. If you have any questions about Abilities United, tax deductions, company matches, or even participating in the event, don't hesitate to contact me.

No comments: