Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ORLY?

Full Tilt Poker $2/$4 Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1181613
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is BTN with J of hearts T of spades
2 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: (6 SB) T of hearts J of spades 6 of spades (3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, SB caps!, BB calls, Hero calls

Turn: (9 BB) 5 of hearts (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, BB caps!, Hero calls, SB calls

River: (21 BB) 5 of clubs (3 players)
SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, SB raises, BB 3-bets, Hero folds, SB caps!, BB calls

Final Pot: 30 BB
SB shows A of spades 5 of spades (three of a kind, Fives)
BB shows T of diamonds T of clubs (a full house, Tens full of Fives)
BB wins 29.25 BB
(Rake: $3.00)

I played this hand on full tilt just now and have to say....orly? Let's take a look at the lines here. Now admittedly really the only thing the BB did wrong was not 3 bet preflop. After that he just went directly to batshit, did not pass go, and eventually collected like literally close to $200. But the small blind...what on earth are you doing man? OK you put in the spew cap on the flop with the flush draw. Fine, I can get behind that. But the turn and river? Seriously? I had to give the guy a new color after this one.

Things have been going pretty horribly online lately, with me losing 210 bets over the course of just 3000 hands in the past week or so. I guess that type of shit happens all the time, but coupled with the fact that I'm simply not allowed to win at 5/T and it's just gotten kind of old. All in all since I started taking the online pokers very seriously again on November 1st I've played 74K hands and won 650 bets, so I can't really complain. But those 650 bets are only a total of about $2000, which obviously means...well, you know what it means. I just don't get to win at 3/6 (I break even) and I lose horrendously at 5/T (with a very small sample size). Ah well, gotta keep trucking.

Live poker, on the other hand, is going just fine. Total earnings for the year have already passed into the five figure range, and I'm consistently finding myself in just amazing spots. The Commerce 40 shot is afoot, I promise.

And finally....I'm going to organize a poker bowling group, based on inspiration from a friend I met just this week in my live games who asked "are you the Jesse I think you are?". Let me know if you're interested, my plan is to run it somewhat loosely like a league, but really just pick up teams every time we play and gamble appropriately on the outcome.

No comments: