Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Proposition

Danielle and I just cancelled a trip to San Francisco this weekend because as usual we got too busy during the holiday season and just can't justify spending 4 days up there. For the record I am turning into one of those people that simply don't like the holidays, and may eventually end up just skipping the entire thing altogether one of these years, Tim Allen style (it'd probably about as entertaining my way). There's just so much.....expectation. I dunno, I never used to be like this. Anyway, to the point:

We had to cancel a room reservation for one night in San Francisco, and are on the hook for it if they don't manage to book the room. The details are:

Inn On Castro (we specifically booked The Red Room), on Saturday December 11th. We were charged $186, which we won't be getting back unless someone else books the room. My offer is simply to split the price of the room with anyone interested, so please get in touch with me if you or someone you know might be interested in taking his/her sweetie to a bed and breakfast for one evening in the heart of San Francisco.

In poker news.....I am not happy. This month so far has been a bit of a train wreck. I've only played 9000 hands, 7000 of them at 2/4 at which I've won comfortably (although I am currently on a 100 or so bet downer at that level), but the 2000 hands I have played above 2/4 have resulted in an impressive loss of $1000 (given that 80% of them were at merely 3/6 I think losing 50 cents per hand is a pretty solid achievement). I'm also pretty sure that my computer setup is causing me ergonomic problems, primarily from keeping my hand on the mouse for hours at a time. I'm not really sure what to do about that, but I guess I could look into using only the keyboard but jeeze that'll suck so much. So yeah, nothing really good to report on that front.


1 comment:

fongholio said...

In my job, I spend 12+ hours a day in front of my computer and was getting serious wrist pain from using the mouse. I got one of these bad boy's and I can't say enough about how much better my wrist feels.

http://www.evoluent.com/