Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Up and Running

My new computer is up and running and, so far, I have to say it's a breath of fresh air. Like, the thing actually works, for one thing. Applications don't randomly freeze up (for lack of resources or just in protest for being forced to work under inhumane conditions in general), my extra monitor just works 100% of the time (last time I had to hack the registry to get my Dell to even support it's native resolution), and startup time clocks in at well under the old 5 minute standard. Also i kinda like Windows 7, which is a little embarrassing. So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Believe it or not, despite this snafu I still have a shot to make Ironman gold status this month. I need to get 200 points (have $200 raked out of pots where I was dealt in) every day until September 30th, which honestly is something I should be doing anyway, so I'm going to give it a go. My current plan is to re-dedicate myself to the Internet, reading two plus two and watching videos each morning and logging a few hundred hands every evening. I say this every few months but hopefully this time I can actually do it.

Weight loss has basically stuck so far, as I have been lifting weights and as of yet have only gained a single pound since the contest closed over a month ago. I haven't started the 100 pushups challenge, but it's coming. The Aquathon was a qualified success, with our team raising $17K and I personally accounting for about 10% of that. Thanks again to everyone who donated. And just Sunday I went surfing for the first time which was exceptionally fun and surprisingly easy. My wetsuit kept me warm, there were no injuries, and I stood up on my very first wave.

Really the only bad thing that's happened to me in the past week was a brutal fantasy football loss last night at the hands of Hakeem Knicks and Malcolm Floyds garbage touchdowns. Our commissioner is a noted lockbox, and even our flexing of his hometown QB couldn't contain him (we get 6 QB flexes on the year). But the Steelers are 2-0 and life is in general beautiful.

2 comments:

Dan said...

Glad to have you back, Jesse!

Dave said...

A noted lockbox? I don't even know what that means. I'm going to take it as a compliment, though.