Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What If I Start Running Good?

Games like this are why I haven't given up the ghost just yet. This 20/40 that I have been sitting in for the last week or so, relentlessly, for 6-12 hours a day, is beyond words. I've been one outtered, two outtered, you name it. I just set over setted a guy and lost 7.5 big bets to "guy who open limps the HJ with 76 and calls the CO raise, button 3 bet cause I'm flopping a straight". All manner of injustices have been done to me. I've blown back NINE racks in winnings the last 4 sessions. Yesterday I had to dodge 10 outs to win $2200 in the bad beat jack pot and couldn't do it.

And it doesn't matter. I'm still chugging along, winning slowly but surely. There is just no way they can win for very long the way they play. They are so exploitable, so loose, so passive, if I keep my head down, concentration up, and mind clear for 40-50 hour weeks, I am going to get through this. And when I do I'm going to buy a lot of people dinner and drinks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey jesse,

I've never replied to your blog but as a lurker and occassional poster in the 2p2 forums, i had the pleasure of reading your very first "taking a shot" post, where you announced this blog.

As a part timer live LHE player, this is the only blog that ive found thats relavent to what i play, and as such, ive been reading it since the beginning.

It's really great that youve discovered this positive outlook on a bleak situation, and i think this kind of post is really beneficial to your mental poker game. I can't imagine a run bad when your source of income is at stake, but adopting this state of mind i think will do wonders for the longevity of your success.

Cheers and thanks for the great blog.
-dannylew

jesse8888 said...

Thanks for the well wishes guys. It's kind of funny, but if most of the last 10 months had happened within 4 months of my "shot" starting I would have quit a long time ago. I was grossly under-prepared (and still am) for this entire endeavor, but I gave myself enough of a cushion that I haven't been forced out of the game just yet.