Friday, August 22, 2008

I am a Terrible Blogger

So last Saturday morning I left for Reno and just returned on Wednesday afternoon. I was in Reno to hang out with some friends from college (one of whom lives there, 3 of whom were in town from the east coast, and two of whom rode up from the Bay Area with me). I learned a few things.

In Reno, it is 1994. All the people act as if it is 1994, the music is at least 10 years old, and the buildings and decorations follow suite. If you ever need to get back to 1994, just go to Reno. In keeping with the spirit of 1994 (a fine year in which I reached my peak as a competitive swimmer, scoring a silver medal at the Eastern Zones Swimming Championships with a 30.42 in the 50 yard breast stroke), I chose not to turn on my lap top for 5 days.

Stories from Reno are going to be sprinkled throughout my next few posts, but first the business of the matter. I planned to put in some heavy hours in the Peppermill 20/40 game during the trip (by the way, if you're going to Reno and need a hotel, the 'Mill is your best bet), but ended up only playing about 6 hours. The reason, you ask? After six hours I was up 2800 dollars and decided the rest of the trip would serve as an actual vacation. The game itself was superbly soft, with much less aggression than I'm used to. That combined with me running like God basically left everyone to assume I was a complete maniac, which by local standards I suppose was almost true.

After deductions for various other gambling losses (I dropped 400 bucks in the 1/2 NL game), food, beverages, and strip club expenditures, I returned to the Bay Area up a healthy 4 racks. Yahoo!

No comments: