Thursday, November 26, 2009

Aiyah

That word, it does not mean what you think it means....Last night I got bludgeoned, again, in The Oaks 30/60, to the tune of $2600 in 2.75 hours. To make a long story short, I won a single pot, in which I 3-bet preflop and ALL THREE of my opponents folded the flop of AA4 when I held AQ. Basically this means none of them even had a pair of 2s. Other than that I ran nut-flush draws into flopped sets and didn't get there, nut flushes into full houses, aces into a set of queens, KK into the mighty big gamble (53 sooted). I couldn't flop a pair with AK, I got two outtered on the river (twice) with trip aces (both times) and just things were awful.

So I came home and was close to a mental collapse. I thought I was out of the woods, I thought I was gonna make it, and instead in the last 4 days I've lost almost $7000. I made a post on 2p2, and have subsequently received an overwhelming show of support from every corner of my social network. In the thread literally half a dozen people gave me thoughtful advice or simply claimed that they were rooting for me. I received a long PM from someone I've never met, encouraging me not to give up. I got emails offering an ear to listen. Texts asking me to lunch. A phone call from a man due to deep fry a turkey in a matter of minutes just checking in, making sure I was alright, and letting me know that damn it he cared and wanted me to succeed.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm thankful that I do actually have people who care and places to turn to for support. And nothing is over until I say it is.

No comments: