Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vegas Baby, Vegas!

The reason for my long absence was a 4 day weekend in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. I left Friday morning and got myself situated in a 30/60 game at the Bellagio by 11:15am. I proceeded to lose close to rack of chips and promptly moved down to 15/30. After a few hours of that, I decided to relocate to the Mirage, where I was saddened to find that the person on the phone had lied to me and that in fact the 20/40 game doesn't go around 3 or 4. It actually just doesn't go. So I played 10/20 for a while, broke even, and eventually played some 4/8 HORSE for kicks both before and after Danielle arrived. She sat in the game for a while, too, which was fun.

Saturday and Sunday were spent watching the NFL playoff games and making general merriment. I picked 4 out of 4 games right (I took Baltimore with the points, Cardinals with the points, Eagles straight up, and the Steelers laying the points) and therefore won back some of my losings from the day before. I was 0 for 2 on totals though, which was sad.

Monday I spent the day back in the Bellagio playing 30/60 and generally getting beaten like a red-headed step child. When all was said and done I lost something north of $2000 for the trip. The highlight, however, was playing in the Imperial Palace mixed game on Sunday night for 4 hours. The list of games was:

Omaha 8
Razz
2-7 TD
Double Flop Omaha High
Badugi
Stud 8
4 Card Ocean Crazy Pineapple
A-5 TD High Low 8
3-2-1 Omaha
Baduci

That was truly fantastic.

Today I was back at Bay 101 in the 20/40 and managed to post a $1300 win. Pete was there and in general awe of my run goodedness as I ran all the way up to +2200 in the first 2 hours....then, as is my custom, I played for 6 more hours and lost about 900 bucks. And so it goes....

3 comments:

Doug Lonsinger said...

How did the 30 game in Vegas compare to your normal games at home? Was there a big disadvantage in not knowing the regulars like you do in CA?

Dave said...

You'd think with football game picking ability like that, you'd have done better in the fantasy playoffs.

So, how much we better on Steelers-Ravens?

jesse8888 said...

The 30 game was kind of strange, in that basically nobody check/raised ever. People just made their hands and donked them. Check to the preflop raiser? Bah! Two pair on the turn? I bet!!!