Monday, November 12, 2012

So Far...

The new schedule is showing mixed results.  I took Thursday completely off, and that was good.  I got a lot of stuff done, I actually put down some key strokes on the book, and in general had a pretty good relaxing time.  Then Friday night I decided to give the old "stay at Commerce" plan a try, and it was pretty much a complete failure.  Apparently it's super hard to actually sleep upstairs there;  I can think of several reasons why, and a few of my friends confirmed that they've never been able to do it either.  My plan was to just quit the game whenever, go directly to bed, then be playing again 9 hours later.  What a disaster.  I absolutely couldn't sleep, which isn't at all surprising given what I already know about myself.  So instead of getting a quick turn around and a nice relaxing experience, I ended up super stressed out and exhausted the entire next day.  To boot Saturday was a train wreck of a day on the floor, and I just couldn't get myself into a good game to save my life.  I ended up quitting at 3:30pm or so and felt like I'd been hit by a bus.  Then Danielle and I went out for Indian food and I promptly came down with either food poisoning for a very timely case of the "about 36 hour" stomach flu, because from 9pm Saturday night until this morning I was just a mess.  But I woke up today and felt pretty much fine, and the Steelers are on in 15 minutes so I let myself work one of the half days I just swore I was going to try to avoid.  So yeah, like I said, mixed results so far to say the least, but getting sick and having once or twice a year MNF game I have to watch can be blamed for at least some of the badness.

I also still can't win a pot at Commerce to save my life.  The total depth of the downswing is something like $30k, which I guess isn't all that bad, but the length of the break even stretch is now past 800 hours.  Basically I haven't won a dollar since the day I played the 200/400 game and won all the money.  Obviously this is pretty miserable, and it's part of the reason I'm trying to change the way I do business.

No comments: