Friday, February 4, 2011

End of a Long Week

So I have once again re-doubled my efforts to play as much as possible, mainly inspired by avoidthe9to5's post about engineering success (the astute reader will recall he is the one whom I whipped most fiercely in the weight loss prop bet, and I am forever grateful for his action and it is my blog so I am officially pimping his awesomeness here), and for a few days it seemed like things were going well. I won. Then won some more. Then won a lot. Then yesterday I lost a little...then today I had to stop myself out for the first time in ages. For the week I did still post a pretty good win, and I won quite a bit online also, despite the train wreck of a session I just played. I'm sitting on like 5 or 6 just amazing tables, spread out from 2/4 to 5/T (all full ring) and am pretty much in the zone picking new seats and keeping myself in 5-6 games at all time and just cruising. Then LicENsiADo sits down on my immediate right in the 5/T game and I un-check autopost because him replacing the 40/10/.4 drooler I had the Jesus Seat on was enough for me to decide to bail out. For those of you who don't know this guy, well....he's pretty legendary. He plays full ring at like 24/18 or some such in my database, and over literally 14K hands I have him winning almost 4 big bets per 100. I mean obviously he's running super duper hot, but still. I try to avoid the main. So anyway I'm about to sit out ....but wait...it comes to him and he doesn't take his blind. "Sure, I'll play one more lap!" I say to myself. There are some droolers to his right (just an amazing game honestly) and will sit out after the next orbit. So I play the blinds and nothing happens, and on my button, well....

Full Tilt Poker $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter By DeucesCracked Poker Videos

CO posts a big blind (1 SB)

Pre Flop: (2.5 SB) Hero is BTN with Q Q
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, BB raises all in, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls

Flop: (14.5 SB) 2 J 9 (4 players - 1 is all in)
UTG+2 bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 caps!, CO calls, Hero calls

Turn: (13.25 BB) 2 (4 players - 1 is all in)
UTG+2 bets, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls

River: (19.25 BB) 4 (4 players - 1 is all in)
UTG+2 checks, CO bets, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
UTG+2 mucks A 9
CO shows A A (two pair, Aces and Twos)
Hero mucks Q Q
BB mucks T 7
CO wins 15 BB
CO wins 6.95 BB
(Rake: $3.00)

That's the thing about this guy. As far as I can tell, he just...always...has it. And once again...he had it. So I finished out my session and put a close to the week with $3K less than I had Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: